Do You Have What It Takes To Become a Top-Level Leadership Development Professional?
Author: Nancy Zentis, Ph.D.
Have you ever wondered what qualifications are needed to advance in your role as a Leadership Development Professional?
Organizations are looking for someone who thrives on building organizational and leadership development strategies to support a fast-paced, successful business. You need to have a thorough understanding of aligning employee engagement principles with organizational and leadership performance. You’ll also need experience as an internal consultant who can effectively partner with leaders to impact the culture of a company.
Here are the requirements needed for your role as a Leadership Development Professional:
- Create and implement a leadership strategy and leadership development programs to meet business goals
- Develop targeted leadership development initiatives in support of achieving leadership strategies
- Create a framework for senior-level leaders as sponsors of high potentials and emerging leaders across the company
- Create and manage the communication strategy for promoting and highlighting key training processes and activities across the network
- Partner with internal peers and stakeholders to develop standardization, where applicable, across multiple management and leadership programs
- Initiate and support the Leadership Talent Review/Succession Planning in partnership with the HR Business Partners
- Partner with internal Talent Management leaders to ensure alignment of the Leadership Development processes with all other HR efforts
- Implement and manage an Executive Coaching Program for senior leaders, high potentials, and transitioning leaders across the company
- Build, execute, deploy, and measure management and leadership programs to support development across the organization
One of the current trends to advance into a leadership development role are to complete a certification program. Recruiters are suggesting that job candidates obtain certifications to increase their credentials.
The Institute of Organization Development offers an online Leadership Development Certification Program (LDCP) to provide you with the skills and guidelines needed to create a leadership development program.
Our experienced facilitators have many years of experience in the field and will introduce each topic, facilitate each process, provide lively discussions and share their valuable experience. Participants interact with each other and gain insights by sharing about their current backgrounds.
Our newly updated LDCP Program is based on the latest researched methodologies in the field (2020-21) and addresses the current issues organizations are facing in leadership development. Gain the confidence and skills needed to successfully create and build a vibrant leadership development strategy to achieve your organizational goals!
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Zentis is the CEO of Institute of OD offering online Organization Development Certification Programs.